Sunday, February 20, 2011

Waxing On Your Period

The More Things Change ... - Chapter 32

Ce .. I ... FATTAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

(Questa. E '. SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA!! · °

... Um, no, not about ._____.)

However, after millennia of waiting I managed to finish the chapter! As usual, when I get to my poor flustered Tony ._____. the nice thing is that this time the problem was not even that describe him as what was happening around ° °

Yes, bon ... 'nuff said and happy reading!
This is the ... * Sniff * the penultimate episode before the conclusion T______T




The office smells of alcohol and disinfectant. I appeal to the busy woman to finish arranging the shelves:

-It 's sure to be here? -


stops working for you from head to foot, with very dry air . His gaze goes from my leather jacket to the hair, to a stop on the tips of my boots. Something tells me you do not make a good impression.

-Miss Flanaghan will come soon. Sit well-responding, unable to restrain a grimace of disapproval-just try not to go too loud. I just finished cleaning the floor, he adds, before returning to focus on the last remaining shelves.


Take a seat on the chair before the desk with a sigh. Fran has not arrived yet ... I know it was forced to accompany his brother to travel to the clinic, but after the first phone call last night I had no more news. And 'he was asking me to move the meeting with Corey this morning: it seemed that the situation was really serious. I hope that things for him have been arranged.

Suddenly, I realize that the room fell to complete silence. I feel a sense of discomfort at the base of the neck, I can almost be seen. I spun around: the cleaning lady's easy to pretend to be deeply interested in his bucket full of dirty water. Hold barely a snort. What the hell do you want?


I try to ignore it, I do not feel in the mood to start discussing. I still feel his gaze focused on him. Try not to be noted, but clearly has not the slightest intention to end it.

decide they've had enough.



Slowly, I slide down his sunglasses, rolling his eyes to show only the whites. I hear a scream, hold, after which sling to pick up his things and leave the room, muttering something like "kind of demon."

I can not help but hold back a laugh when I hear the door shutting behind him amazing how people continue to let it influence easily.

-If nothing else, I am free-comment to myself, stretched himself on the chair.


jolt when the door creaks again. Damn, will not be back here? Breathed a sigh of relief when I see the silhouette of Corey beyond the glass.

-Hey, Tony! Already here? - Looks quite surprised.

nod.


-I made soon. Meanwhile ... I got to know the cleaning lady-comment with a malicious grin. She giggles.

-I 've just crossed earlier. He looked terrified. What have you done? -

I will just make a vague gesture with his hands

-Oh, nothing special, just a couple of grimaces. Enough to make her believe that I was the devil himself, it seems, my smile widens even more. Corey sits at his desk, still laughing:

-I would say so-I see her looking around for a moment, his expression serious back-and where Fran? - Add, immediately later.


I shrug air disconsolate

-I do not know. He should be here ... -

-the-fact, there are I hear behind me. Jolt, caught by surprise, as he peeps through the door. E 'pale and has the air of one who has not slept all night. Even his voice sounds muffled.

I hasten to join him, followed by Corey:

"Here at last! How's your brother? - And I ask her, almost in unison.


He lowers his eyes, a pained grimace on his face is painted.

-Ha ... risked big. They managed to save for a nap. Have not yet discharged from the clinic, but they say it will bounce back, his voice is almost reduced to a whisper.

-Well, it's good news, right? - I try to pick him up.

Corey is limited to stroke his arm in silence. I understand that would mean something, but I know too well: having just entered the life of Fran, fears that any word can play its part too.


My friend returns absently caress her and sighed

Yes ... yes it is. But I have yet to recover from the shock, I think. When ... when we got there almost was not breathing. I seriously feared to have lost-keeps his gaze fixed on the floor, unable to look us in the face. I can not help but feel a tight stomach to see him so she must have spent some time really hellish.


-I understand. But it'll be fine, you'll see. Fortunately, he has a brother as you can count on him-I. Suddenly, I wonder if my words do not sound terribly empty. After all, it's always like that when someone tells you there is someone who suffers, is not it? The usual licks already heard.

begin to understand why Corey has chosen to remain silent.

Fran does not seem to worry about: do I see a smile pulled, the first since it is here.

-Thank you, Tony. Seriously. But now ... - adds receivable come to us. Corey ... you said you have a record to make us feel, right? -


She pales and begins to stammer a few words unintelligible. Once that has become on behalf of our questioning looks, she stops to breathe deeply. Resumed more calmly:

-Here ... I do not know whether that is the case-mumbles, looking down sheepishly.

Fran and I still do not understand.

-In what sense? We are here for, right? - I ask, taking the first word.

you just coughing and twisting a lock of hair.

-It '... that could be quite shocking for you. And if France finds itself already so messed up ... - I see her glance in the direction of my friend.


He bends down to look at her straight in the eye:

-Honey, come here just to learn more about your findings. If, as we have said on the phone, the truth about Larry's death has finally popped out, no need to hold it still hidden. Do not worry about me-

gaze Corey is from me to Fran, increasingly uncertain. You see that is not convinced, however, seems not even know how to react. Without another word, he returns to his desk. He pulls out the recorder from a drawer and beckons us to sit down.

It moves slowly, reluctantly. Begin to feel increasingly tense: I wonder what the hell has that tape?


Check again that everything is OK, then press the PLAY button. Instead of sitting at a desk, goes to settle in beside Fran, standing. His hands come to rest on the shoulders of him, caressing him as if to give courage to love him.

Some crackling before the recording begins. Corey's voice on the tape sounds quiet, relaxed, in stark contrast with the worried expression on his face at this moment:

-Here. So, I called you because I need a little clarification. I was double-checking the information that you guys have given me during our first meeting and I noticed something. You live in Culver City, right? -


frowned in a puzzled frown.

Culver City? But it is not where ...?

-Exactly-

known that Fran seems surprised. This time there can be no doubt: the other voice is that of Kurt.



-What the hell ...? - I hear my friend murmured. Corey biting her lower lip and shaking a bit 'more grip on his shoulders. He probably mistook it as an invitation to rest and nothing else is. The voice continues with her questions:

-Tell me, 'Kurt ... you ever met Chelsea in that space? -

few seconds of silence. As this is a simple ribbon, I can feel the tension of those moments. I'm starting to get an idea of what will after . And I do not like it at all.

-E '... it was an accident! I did not want to kill him! I love her ... but he was my friend ... I never ... -


The desperation in her voice strikes me as a stab. For a moment, I find it hard to realize the true meaning of his words, as if my mind refuses to accept them. Fran does not seem to be in better condition than mine. Opens her eyes and lets out an exclamation of surprise, sounding hoarse.

I try to refocus my attention on the record:

-She was tired and downcast, he said he can no longer tolerate that situation. I tried to do my best to console her, but the desire to keep her close to me was too strong. Before I could realize it, we were kissing. I ... I was in confusion. I knew I wanted it, but I could not to bear to hurt Larry-


- hypocritical bastard ... kind of feel-Fran whispered, clutching the arms of his chair. Corey is quick to stroke again.

Rest in silence, listening in horror to the next steps of history. The more frequent meetings, the decision to spend a night at the home of Larry ... and the final tragedy.

- ... When I became aware of what happened, I could not move. It seemed that the world had stopped. I kept staring at him in silence, unable to react. I had shot at close range, a few inches from the heart. ... He had recognized my voice. Before that fires had been my name, that he had spoken. And it was all so absurd ... he should not even be there-



-ERI WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT BE LI 'PIECE OF SHIT! - I hear Fran blurt out loud, unable to stay any longer. He stands up, knocking his chair to the floor.

Corey ago to get closer, but he is quick to avoid it.

-killed him, damn it! And that bitch supported him all this time out - starts to go back and forth across the room, his face contorted in an angry grimace. He stops in front of one of the archives and pull a punch to the metal surface, which shrivels under the impact force.


Maybe I should do something to calm him down, but I can not think of anything. His screams cover almost the entire last part of the record. I can only catch a glimpse of the last bit:

-I hope the guys can forgive me one day-

Fran does not seem to listen. I see Corey is trying to do his best to reassure him, while I continue to sit, unable to utter a single word. Their voices sound muffled and the world seems to go slow, while the last words of Kurt continue to repeat itself endlessly in my mind.


forgive.

We can forgive those who betrayed a friend?

-Leave me alone! - I hear Fran blurted, turning to Corey, I'll kill him, that son of a bitch! Where are you hiding? Will not smooth! -

was in high gear now, it seems that there is no way to stop it. She did not give up and explain for the umpteenth time how things are:

-I 've already taken center. We are working on him. I ... oh, shit, I knew you would react so-


The situation begins to degenerate: Fran has now slumped on the floor as powerless. He holds his head in his hands and from time to time I still feel words like "bastard" and "murderess". Corey continues to repeat that sorry, that should not make us feel that recording. I can not leave that they continue in this way, I have to do something. I try to make me strength and I stand up, going up to them a few steps. I try to reassure her first:

-Sooner or later we would have to know anyway. There's never a time when "right" kind of news-

Her look is full of melancholy

-I know, but ... - his eye moves in the direction of Fran , still motionless in her place. He put a hand on my shoulder, telling her softly that I'll use it.


I kneel on the floor, next to Fran. He raises his head as soon as you notice of my presence. His face is a mask of anger and despair.

-killed him, Tony ... and he has betrayed us all. Without us noticing a thing. Not that I me noticing anything. He said he was too saddened by the loss to be seen around. That coward was afraid that we find out! And we wanted to bring it up ... a bullet on that side of his dick, that's what we wanted! -


leaving her without saying a word. His voice, harsh and angry first, he soon be broken by sobs. I've never seen you cry before now. I realize that it is releasing all the stress and tension of the last period: the sorrow at the death of Larry, the fear for his brother, the shock of the confession of Kurt.

I posargli for a hand on his shoulder

-He did not ... did not want to do it. It 's been a terrible accident, I say, slowly.

Fran retires before he can touch it, looking at me with wide eyes:

-You're ... you're trying to defend him? - Hisses. Damn, I know they have worsened things. I try to explain better:

-No, actually ... -


-In reality what? Heck, it was the home of Larry, who else might show up in the middle of the night? And that bastard hit him without thinking twice! - I realize that your voice is increasing in intensity. Before he had time to do something, Corey taken:

-was still a prey to the effects of the drug, Fran. ... He was not able to really understand what he did-he murmurs.


-Put It On YOU, NOW? You can find out what the fuck you, everybody? - He burst out, standing-shooting why you continue to justify it? Have not you realize what he did? -

Corey and I look at each other in dismay. I lifted my time, approach him again to calm him down:

-You're wrong, we do not ... -


Fran pushed me away with, without even giving me time to finish.

-enough, I do not care! I've heard enough bullshit. We'll talk when you will be able to think like the people with common sense replies in a tone-hard, before leaving the room, slamming the door behind him.

Corey ago to follow him, but I motioned to stop:

-It 's useless. Finiresti only with worse-


She continues to look at the point where he was until recently. I can not see her face, but judging from the voice seems on the verge of tears.

-I did not want ... -

I go a bit '.

-I know. I'm sure you would not want to say those things. It 'was a big blow ... it'll take a while' to recover from the shock-

Which, I start to realize, for me too.


______________________________
Notes:
-Except for the scenes where you see the windows, the whole chapter has been "shot" at night XD I break up of waiting for it did day, so I carefully avoided framing windows for three quarters of the chapter XD-
Some poses are the result of sheer luck ... type one in which Fran gets up, pissed as a hyena Fran ° ° I put a fight with the cleaning lady (with moveObjects then moved on) in order to have him angry, and I trimmed a couple of random animations Corey and Tony ... luck would have it when Fran was pissed off the other two expressions tirassero surprises that have proven useful to make the idea of 'sudden shock reaction': D-
I know, Tony's glasses magically disappear with a couple of photos of a delay than when I said that if he is removed .____. the fact is I had forgot to remove those photos, but I liked the expressions as they were, so I decided to give a damn ° °

0 comments:

Post a Comment