Monday, January 3, 2011

Springfield Ma Registry Of Deeds

The More Things Change ... - Chapter 21

... Yeah, well, a 'point, I know I'm coming back to life. ______. delayed departure to Milan in mid-January
Quindiiiiiii XD ... ^ ^ chapter after a million thoughts and corrections, I can finally say that managed to write ._____.

Good letturaaaaaaa ^ ^

Chapter mileage, for the record ._______.


-Da ... over here, miss-Flanaghan

puzzled I glance in the direction of Chelsea, which is merely to keep your head down, making way for the room bedroom. His tone is servile and there is no trace of the hostility of the previous time. He clears his throat, as we head towards the floor.


-wanted apologize for my behavior during our first meeting. I was quite shaken, I could not think clearly. ... The history of the gun made me think. I am willing to give all possible cooperation - he mumbles.

A tremor of the fingers before grabbing the handrail. Continues to avoid my gaze.

-No problem, Miss Roberts. I understand perfectly-I reply, neutral.


She opened the door of the room: This is a spacious, well lit, with a large closet on one side. Everything seems to be in perfect order. Apart from ...

-... I still did not repaint the wall, says Chelsea, following the direction of my gaze. On the wall there are some dark spots.

Larry's blood.


-I only gave clean up the floor, other things are all in place. I will not be in here ... since that night. I sleep in the guest room now. Being here gives me the chills. Too many memories, too much pain ... -

His voice is lost in an indistinct murmur, while continuing to give me a look around. The bed is placed, the drawers fully closed. A thin layer of dust has already begun to form on the dresser beside the door. Indeed, the room has the air of being in disuse for a while '. I could not hope for better. Turned back to her.


-I repeat the course of events. He said he went home for three and a half, right? -

He nodded his head.

-Right. I knew that Larry would not be back before five. I joined him ... and l-was-here indicates a point on the floor, just steps from the door-c 'was ... There was blood everywhere. I called his name, I told him to open his eyes, but he ... he ... - is broken, sobbing.

Rest in silence, releasing the weight from foot to foot, without knowing how to behave. She pulls out a handkerchief and began to wipe her tears, apologizing.


When he returns to calm down, take back with questions:

-According to the data, should you call the hospital at around 3:40 of the first of October. Confirmation? -

nods, sniffling.

-I tried, yes. But when I described her condition, they said it was already too late. They suggested I call the police. The coroner said he had been dead for at least two hours-


mentally Review reports that I read. Everything seems to coincide: the arrival at home, the discovery of the corpse, the call to the police.

-Thank you, young lady. And now, I would ask you please a little 'time to inspect the room-say, trying to maintain a polite tone. She did not do it again twice, and leaves the room with his head down.

I set to work, starting from the dresser. Clothes, underwear, bedding parts. Once again, order and impeccable ... absolutely nothing interesting.

I leave the closet last.


-But-comment-I do not mind having a wardrobe like that home-

This is a real room in miniature, packed with clothes, shoes and accessories. I can not help but notice that most of them belong to Chelsea.

gaze falls on me with a pair of slippers a giant pink ribbon.


-These, however, there would keep them all to-whisper, horror-I hope that Larry had any taste, add more, looking around curiously, in search of his slippers . Just a quick look, just to get an idea on the choice of celebrities when it comes to shoes home. I can not help but chuckle to myself when I formed in my mind the image of France with a pair of slippers shaped like rabbits.


After a few seconds, I realize that slippers Larry seems to be no trace. I try to look in the box at the bottom of the cupboard and I look under the bed. Nothing.

Slightly puzzled, I look out into the corridor:

-Miss Roberts? -

I see it emerged from a nearby room, confused.


-Some problems? -

I bite my lip, wondering what could be really important. I recall the words of Baynes: "even the most seemingly insignificant detail can be useful." Better to try.

-slippers Larry. I'm not in the closet, or anywhere else. According to reports, were not on him to Larry when he was found. Any idea where can it be? -


She opens her eyes, taken aback. Twisting a lock of hair around a finger while trying to take a neutral expression.

-Le ... slippers? - Lets out a giggle-oh, right. The ... he had just thrown in the trash that morning. They were old and broken now. Not to worry, in short, he adds, pointing to a half-hearted smile.

The tone of his voice sounds uncertain, but I can not think of a reason why it should lie. The reports do not mention slippers: Larry was found fully dressed yet, while Chelsea had barely time to remove their shoes after entering the house. All confirmed by fingerprints.


I figure it's useless to insist and continually patrol the house. The woman turns out to be ready to explain and tell me more details of his affair with Larry. It seems that really wants to remedy the scene of the last time. However, I can not help but feel uneasy feeling his gaze focused on him as we continue around the house.

The rest of the tour does not lead to anything interesting: the life of those two had the air of being absolutely perfect. In practice, they are still at the starting point.

great. Three weeks spent in an attempt to get back in touch with her to not find anything.


greet the woman, thanking her for the availability: her smile hides a bit of satisfaction when he takes me to the door. I wonder what game he's playing.

Once By car, take the streets quietly, mulling over my information.

Chelsea told the police that he stayed at home until eight or so. According to him, he was planning to surprise a friend by going to find, but she was not at home. Later, he turned in on a local area, which was until about two. Only problem: no one seemed to have seen her there.


- ... A little 'strange, as our Miss Roberts did not exactly look like a guy who goes unnoticed-comment and push your foot on the accelerator. The engine protest a bit ', but fortunately does his duty. I shudder when the umpteenth draft of wind from the window I broke my arm freezes.

I'm going to focus again on the facts: think of it, the times that Chelsea would have passed to the local match perfectly with those of the death of Larry.


A smile spreads on my face while I guess makes her way in the mind.

-Things between Larry and Chelsea are not going well, she organized the murder, he invented a shaky alibi to justify and ... BLAM! Shoot him as soon as possible, by passing around a suicide. Corey, you're a ... - I block, back to reality. Sigh.

- ... I'm an idiot. Others mutter that genius-, and spent barely a head by pulling the wheel out of desperation.

The testimony of the neighbors confirm times out of Chelsea: the roar of a car around eight o'clock and lights out at home all evening. Another resident of the area said they saw the car with her to return around three and a half. So why No one has noticed at the local level?


-could have gone elsewhere. In a place that can be uncomfortably related to this story, maybe. In that way, though? - Continuous, park your car close to the department.

I climb the stairs with his head down, I keep thinking about.

They are so absorbed in my thoughts that I hardly realize the gauge fast approaching, risk being overwhelmed. I cling to the handrail in an effort not to fall.


-Baynes! Damn, moments to kill me-he says, rearrange the glasses on his nose. He glances at me sideways. Damn, I guess I have some 'exaggerated tones. Fortunately, his expression returned to normal after a while I realize that I had recognized.


Oh, Flanaghan, are you? They left a message on the answering machine for you. That friend of the police, Warren, I think, mutters, without even bothering to apologize for the minor accident. He has done so.

nod plan, while a smile spreads on my face. I know Daniel Warren since high school: now works at the Los Angeles Police Department. I asked him a favor and take care of the gun Larry. I hope at least he has some interesting news.

-Thank you, Baynes. I rush to check-he only give me a nod, turning to head for the lower level. He was silent for a moment, before stopping again,

-Baynes? -

He looks at me from below, irritated.


-What is it, Flanaghan? It turns out that it is somewhat of a hurry tonight-

dall'alzare I'm holding her eyes. Always friendly and helpful, him.

-Why does a woman with a virtually unassailable alibi should lie on the place where he spent the night? -

Baynes tilts his head with a puzzled expression. I can not help but think of what looks like a barn.

-Explain-


The story in brief what I know.

-According to witnesses, they seem to be no doubt that had left the house at the time of the death of her boyfriend, however, it is equally clear that in that space there has never been. No ticket, no ticket, no one who views. Yet, if he is innocent, because the risk of not credible lying about where he was? -

He closes his eyes, rubbing his temples with one hand, indulging in an exasperated snort.


-Flanaghan ... have you ever heard of love? -

This time, it is my turn to be confused.

-A ... lovers? - Murmur.

-Yeah. You know, what do you do when you want some fun 'with someone who is not your boyfriend. In general, people tend to keep them hidden. Probably, your query is not merely come up for an escapade, and now is trying to make up stupid excuses in order to take away the guilt and do not ruin his reputation. Especially given the gossip that could ensue, you think? -

Rest prohibited.


-Miseriaccia, you're right-whisper.

The presence of a lover would explain a lot of things. Larry loved Chelsea more than anything else in the world: the betrayal could have made him completely lose his head ... or could have been the cause of the murder.

-Baynes? - I call him back, smiling radiantly.


He just rolls his eyes.

-What the hell is it, again? -

-You're a genius-he exclaimed, before closing the office door behind him. I hear him mutter something to herself while I sling to the desk.

I can not wait to talk to Fran. As there is still a long way to define, I'm happy to have a track on which to work.


I to call him when I remember one thing. Daniel.

hang up the phone and compose another number. Wait a few seconds before a voice from cheerfully answer me. There is an unbearable noise, on the other side: the sound of dishes, chatter and laughter of children.


-Danny? Can you hear me? -

He is quick to apologize before you leave me on hold for a few seconds seeking a second phone. When we start talking, the conversation can finally proceed with confidence.

-Hello, Corey. I'm sorry, as you understand I'm a bit 'in trouble here. Lucy invited the whole family to dinner, explains, in a resigned tone. Soon after, he returned seriously

-I managed to re-analysis of the gun. By the way, you owe me at least a lunch. I seriously almost lost the post-


I tell him that the debt will be repaid promptly. However, I can not help feeling guilty. It is not the first time to end the risk of Danny in trouble because of me. I decide not to think about for the moment, and pitch directly to the question that interests me:

-So? Discovered something interesting? -

A moment's pause.

-Well, there's something, actually-

She stops again, I hear him arguing with another woman. Lucy, probably.

-Damn, now I must go. What do you say see you tomorrow, so I'll talk about more calmly? -

I'm holding dall'imprecare. The curiosity is killing me. The situation on the other hand, however, seems to be dramatic. Sigh.

-Ok. Tomorrow at one o'clock at the City Restaurant. So I take this opportunity ... also to repay as long as your wife agree-add. Talking about love and betrayal with Baynes got me going in paranoia. I hear Danny laughing on the other side.

-Still, Lucy knows you, knows that there is nothing to worry about-

"Yeah. Probably because he never knew of our relationship at university "
I decide to skirt the issue on the subject.

-I'm glad. See you tomorrow, Dan-

-A tomorrow, Corey-


dropped the phone in its place with a snort. I glance at the clock on the wall: nine. Fran has an appointment at this time with the guys. Needless to try to call him.

slowly beginning to rearrange my stuff.

-Apparently our conversation will have to wait a po'-

0 comments:

Post a Comment